- About our handling of personal information
- Kyoto Convention & Visitors Bureau (KCVB) recognizes that properly handling personal information is important for the sake of the privacy of users. We operate this website in accordance with laws and provisions regarding the protection of personal information.
- About our users’ personal information
- Browsing this website
- This website is generally free to browse without any input of personal information required. However, there are cases when we collect personal information (name, email address, telephone number etc.) from users in order to provide services on this website. We may use personal information for the following purposes:
1. To reply to a user in response to inquiries from such user;
2. To inform users of products and services;
We do not disclose users’ personal information to third parties without the express permission of the user.
- About the access log
- Access logs are used solely as a source of statistical information, and are not combined with the personal information of users.
We do not disclose personal information to third parties, except when required by law.
- About other websites linked to from this website
- Other websites linked to this website operate in accordance with their own separate provisions regarding the protection of personal information. We do not and cannot assume responsibility for the security of personal information of users on other websites linked from this website.
- How to request release, correction, suspension of use, or deletion of information
- We will process all reasonable requests as quickly as possible, however not all requests will be able to be fulfilled. In these cases inquiries will be responded to with the reason.
Name:Kyoto Convention & Visitors Bureau
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization and management
- Our organization takes appropriate measures to protect personal information. We take effort to promote awareness among our staff concerning protecting personal information.
- What are cookies?
- A cookie is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on the user’s computer (or smartphone, etc.) by the user’s web browser while the user is browsing. Cookies were designed to be a reliable mechanism for websites to remember information such as browsing history for a fixed period, login info, language settings or other settings to prevent the user from having to re-enter the information when they re-visit the site or use other pages of the site. Usually cookies contain the name of the website from which they came, the expiration date of the cookie, and an identification number. Cookies can be “persistent” or “permanent,” meaning that they stay on your computer or mobile device when you go offline; or they can be “session cookies,” which are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
- About third party cookies
- We use a cookie that shares information with third parties such as Google in order to analyze the data. We can combine the data that has been supplied by the user to these parties. For example, by using Google Analytics, we can analyze the anonymous statistical data that has been gathered. This helps us understand what pages were visited most often so we can further optimize our site and provide appropriate content.
- The cookies that we use
- Performance tracking: Google Analytics (for compiling together anonymous visitor information)
Other cookies: YouTube uses a cookie to playback the video embedded in this webpage. Google uses a cookie to locate the region where the users are and for map services.
- Managing user cookies
- About Google Analytics cookies
- For more information, please refer to the information on the following third party sites.
・Security and privacy in Universal Analytics
・Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
（https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl= EN＆ref_topic = 2919631
・About YouTube and Google Maps and other similar ways of using cookies:
Types of cookies used by Google
・How Google uses your personal information: